Our team at Pocopson Veterinary Station in West Chester, PA has a single goal of helping your pet to remain as healthy as possible. We offer advanced services and care to make that possible. The use of a laser therapy is one of the ways we can help your pet. It is one of the best ways to reduce pain in tissue and joints without having to perform more advanced surgeries. We encourage you to visit our West Chester, PA veterinary office to find out if your pet can benefit from this type of procedure.
How Does It Work?
Laser therapy is a type of procedure in which our team uses a non-invasive, not pain-causing laser to reduce the inflammation and swelling. Imagine the knee joint, for example, on a pet. When there is inflammation there, every step can cause pain. The tissues swell from the inflammation, often caused by nerve damage, tissue damage, or even joint degeneration. When this occurs, your pet may not do as much walking and may struggle with day to day activities he seemed to love.
With this therapy option, we apply the laser to the area causing the pain. This occurs after comprehensive diagnostic testing shows us where the problem is, what is causing it, and what treatments may help. The laser works to stimulate the body’s natural ability to heal. By stimulating the nerves and cells here, it is possible to encourage healing at a very cellular level. The body improves blood flow to the area. It works to heal the area more effectively.
This leads to less inflammation. It allows the tissues to heal. It reduces swelling. In the short and long term, the underlying cause of your pet’s pain is reduced. We’re happy to discuss this more thoroughly with you during an appointment at our West Chester, PA office.
What Are the Benefits?
Therapy laser works well for many situations. It provides several key benefits including:
- It is a drug-free solution. That means no costly medications or long-term side effects from treatment.
- It can be an alternative to surgery. If your pet needs more invasive care, we also offer laser surgery, a minimally invasive method of restoring tissue damage and joint function.
- There are few if any side effects. Your pet will not suffer from significant side effects or a long recovery time.
- It is scientifically proven to be effective. We’re happy to speak to you about how it works and why it works.
- It is also very fast. Many pets begin to see improvement with their first treatment often within a few days. This means your pet may be able to become more active soon.
- It works as an anti-inflammatory treatment. It increases and speeds up tissue repair. It also reduces scar formation and has analgesic effects. All of this contributes to your pet’s well-being.
Is it right for your pet? To find out, schedule an appointment with our team in our West Chester, PA office. We’re happy to discuss your pet’s underlying cause of pain and make recommendations for laser therapy or other types of treatment that may help.
Call Pocopson Veterinary Station today to learn more about these options. Don’t let your pet suffer when comprehensive, non-invasive care is available to you. Our West Chester, PA veterinary office is always available to help your pet to get the care he or she needs. We serve the West Chester and surrounding areas.